Hope’s Place Child Advocacy Center is now in our TWENTIETH year of service! As always, we are sad that we are needed but grateful to be among those who offer hope and healing to children and families who have experienced trauma. Did you know in 2017 we served almost 500 children? We realize that the subject of child abuse can be so overwhelming at times that it seems as if there is nothing you could possibly do to help, but we are here to tell you, that simply isn’t true!!! By supporting Hope’s Place Child Advocacy Center, you ARE making a difference in your community. Supporting us, in fact, allows us to continue providing the critical services of forensic interviewing, advocacy, specialized medical exams, and counseling to child victims of abuse at NO COST TO THEM. So join us in this mission! Support Hope’s Place! To make it easy and in honor of our 20th year of service, we give you:
20 Simple Ways to Support Hope’s Place in 2018:
1. FOLLOW us on Facebook and Twitter to stay current on our activities and needs. You can even host an online fundraiser on your birthday thanks to Facebook’s latest fundraising features.
2. SHARE our posts and events on your social media AND in real life!
3. Attend our Counselor & Community Academy courses (one offered each month). We’re hosting a Self-Defense Class on February 19th from 1-4pm for only $10. Empower yourself AND your community at the same time! Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register now!
4. Are you a Kroger Shopper? With each swipe of your Plus card, Kroger will donate 4% of the price of your purchases to support Hope’s Place! Register at krogercommunityrewards.com using Hope’s Place NPO 87874.
5. Are you addicted to Amazon like us? #StartWithaSmile at smile.amazon.com/ch/31-1501089 to support Hopes Place Inc.
6. Donate consignment to Second Hand Rose in Ashland, KY, and state that you want the consignment credit to go to Hope’s Place Child Advocacy!
7. Grab your friends and attend our fundraisers! We hold fundraisers large and small all year-long! A local favorite is our Chocolate Extravaganza event held at the Ashland Town Center Mall each year. See you March 24th this year!
8. Invite us to your school, church, or community organization meeting to speak about Hope’s Place’s mission or provide a “Stewards of Children/Darkness 2 Light” training.
9. Go to www. hopesplace.org and find the “donate” button. You can make a one time donation or set up monthly payments. Great or small: every penny helps.
10. Donate individually wrapped snacks and drinks for children who visit or coffee and water so that caregivers too can be cared for while visiting.
11. Donate restaurant food cards to help larger families with more waiting time or families that travel greater distances. We serve multiple counties in Kentucky and Ohio. Gas card donations will also help clients to keep their appointments during times of financial stress.
12. Donate small/inexpensive toys and activity books (unused) for children to choose from in our treasure box before leaving.
13. Bring art supplies so that children can express and soothe themselves with art therapy. Office supplies or gift cards to help purchase office supplies help too!
14. Donate new blankets and pillows to comfort children during their medical exams.
15. Ask your favorite businesses or workplaces to sponsor Hope’s Place fundraising events! We will be hosting TWO races this year in addition to princess tea parties, superhero parties, “Chocolate Extravaganza”, Easter basket sales, a riverboat cruise, and a golf scramble! We can’t do that without corporate sponsors!
16. Donate cleaning supplies and paper products (cups, plates, napkins, tissues).
17. Volunteer manual labor like painting, gardening, renovating, and cleaning.
18. Sign up to help at our events by emailing email@example.com and adding your name to our master list of volunteers.
19. Encourage your workplace to host their own fundraiser for Hope’s Place Child Advocacy Center.
20. And finally, the newest way to support Hope’s Place is to participate in our “Change a Child’s Life” Campaign. We challenge you to fill an old mason jar with your loose change, and bring it to Hope’s Place when you are done. “Change” a kid’s life: Fill a jar with hope!
Thank you for your ongoing support!